Problems Suck... Addiction sucks...
Be honest, addiction sucks, problems suck... if we have a bunch of problems, Life Sucks. The good thing about everything going wrong is it's "Obvious". When we can no longer make excuses for ourselves, justify, or rationalize, our messed up lives... we can begin to move out of it.
We'll never get past anything we can't admit and face... We'll have to dig deep into ourselves to find all that causes our lives to suck, this also sucks... But we can do it and we can come out the other side, saner and happier.
I started out looking for answers to my "Big Problems" and as it turned out all my problems, large and small, were problems of thinking. The immediate problems included drug abuse and addiction. First, I had to stop using drugs. The drugs, the drinking, had to go...
Next, I went to work on my thoughts and feelings. Isn't that pretty much what we're doing: Thinking and feeling? No one wants to feel bad... It's hard for a drug addict not to use drugs when we feel bad...
All feeling, every emotional state, is a result what I think. What we think has everything to do with what we believe...
To get to the bottom of this thinking feeling thing, I needed to know something about the brain.. While "I am not my brain" that doesn't mean I live without it's influence.
After Addiction, After Recovery... Thinking
- The Search for What's Real and What Works has Mostly Revealed What Probably Isn't Real and Doesn't Work
- "There is Nothing New Under The Sun"
- If "Honesty Is The Best Policy", How Honest Can I Be?
- Rampant Self Deception Seems To Be The Principle of Many Societal Systems.
- Open Mindedness: "There is Nothing That Keeps One Mired In Ignorance Like Contempt Prior To Investigation".
- Willingness: What lengths am I willing to go to think different? Can I let go of what I love if that's what it takes?
- What does it mean to be ourselves
- Eat Good, Feel Good...
- Question Everything, Question Belief. Question Wisdom, Answers & Understanding Rests Within The Self.
- To Thine Own Self Be True
The Self Determined Path
For me the self determined path includes sorting out nutrition, examining belief and discarding old ideas.
I "highly recommend" we find out everything we can about The mind and thinking... understand how we form subconscious "automated" programs... Find out why we think what we think about Ourselves, Life and the World...
I started writing here with no intention of publishing it, at least not what I was writing. Back then I was gathering information for myself. I'd jot down ideas I didn't want to forget... You'll likely run across some of these earlier notes mixed in and merged into pages. I attempt, now and then, to read over and edit pages but it's no fun and so remains unfinished. Feel free to point things out when you find them.
What is addiction?
I had a lot of questions and I wanted answers... answers to questions like, "What is addiction? What's Alcoholic? Why are things so Crazy? Why doesn't anything ever seem to change... Get Better?
That's what these first pages here are all about... Finding out how to get saner, get happier, stay off drugs and out of all that "this sucks" nonsense.
Some of the problems in resolving the problems are: It's long, it's deep, it's tiring, sometimes it seems to grind us up, it's sometimes boring...
As it turns out, most of this stuff is simple, but hardly any of it's easy.
"Can we be aware of thought the very moment in which thought takes presence in the psyche rather than seeking for the awareness of it only when the thought is already rooted?"
Diego Kricek Fontanive
The Art Of Children
Help!! Observations, Articles, Essays & Rants
- Addiction Recovery Beginners Guide
- An in depth examination of principles
- As much as possible about life
- How I went from miserable to doing alright
- Origins the dynamics of a society
- Happiness, The Self, Duality, Spirituality and all that other mysterious stuff
- Find the video you were looking for
- Meditation Tools, Buddhist Teachers, Lots Of Good Educational Audio
Blogs, Community, Share, Comment & Ask Questions
- Main Index
- Life after addiction, The adventure continuous
- Watching the world, Understanding Current Events, People, Religions, Money And Societies
- What is health?, Getting healthy, staying healthy all by yourself
- The Community Questions, Comments, Ideas and Opinions
While we're on this planet, it's highly unlikely we'll know everything about anything... Enjoy the ride.
Thinking Outside The Boxes (Identities)You can meet new people with different ideas... Here's an example...
Yo! Yes good idea about the "dead or alive".. really now, how did we come to the conclusion that what we are is "alive" and what we end up to is dying? Interesting...
And by believing that we are alive and so being part of that huge morphogenetic field "alive" and all that we believe it includes,how much do we leave out,not being able to perceive ? Because being "alive" means specific things? How would we do things differently,if we the norm was "we are dead"?
Or that what we are is neither dead or alive? Non specified? Not needed to be specified? I wonder!
Visit the author... Kalliopi Tsiknia
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
© Copyright dgswilson.com 2008 - 2014